Sunday, March 21, 2010

Seattle

Day Four: Well today turned out to be pretty awesome! It was our first day of absolutely no traveling (well except to go see Seattle) and just taking in some of the sites of Washington. Seattle turned out to be a big hit for all of us… Bekah got to talk to some local dairy goat farmers and buy some cheese from them, Sarah got to go to Pikes Place Starbucks (the first Starbucks EVER) and I... well… I got to see a three story Old Navy… but I think one of the highlights for me was just walking around a city that reminded me so much of Rome, Italy! Obviously it is not the same but Seattle had the same feel and same atmosphere that Rome has. Since I have been missing Rome lately it was a nice reminder of how Rome made me feel when I lived there. The Public market was awesome and the fresh flower smelled just like Campo dei fiori in Rome!!!! One of my favorite smells ever! So it was a good day, topped off by the Space Needle, a tour of the Northwestern Baptist Seminary, McDonalds Ice cream cones and a dip in the hot tub! What a day! But I can’t wait to get to CANADA!!!!!!!! Tomorrow we embark on the last northern leg of this trip! Soon I will have been to every country in North America… that’s really cool to say! Even though it’s only three countries that is still something to be proud of J The only sad part of the day was not seeing my friend Jeremiah from Old Navy. He is from Seattle and is visiting family but it never worked out to see him. I think it would’ve been funny to see a co-worker SO far away from work! But other then that, all in all I think today was a winner. Staying with the Goertzen’s has been a blast and it is kind of bitter sweet to leave them, but I am glad for the time that we have had here. And am SUPER excited for the next portion of the road trip!!!! See you in CANADA!

~Heather~

No comments:

Post a Comment