Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 3:

How the Lord moves the hearts of the dense!!!

What a beautiful day!! Apparently the good weather wants to follow us poor southern Californian girls, so it came with us! The day started out with us all waking up at 10:30 (since we got to Sarah's Uncle's house at 6AM) and ready for the day!!! Or should I say the I! was ready for the day and Sarah and Heather would get there soon! Hehehe. The farmer in me wants to be up with the sun! I can't help it. We spent a wonderful morning chatting with the family and playing on the beach! Let me give you a picture of what it was like.

Warm air gentle caressed our faces and hands as we followed the narrow and steep wooded path to our long awaited destination. The water! moss cover rope served as hand rails as we gradually worked our way down. Finally I saw the water and my heart jumped into my throat! Such simple beauty! Dark sand lazily drifted under exuberant lighter sands that frisked and skidded along it's tiny rivlits to make it's way to the water. Cool and crisp, the sea felt ready to except tried feet and I willingly obliged! Delighted, the leaves on the vibrantly green trees whispered their joy to one another that they had visitors! Such a happy place. I felt wonderfully at ease as I welcomed this blessed place into my heart! gentle waves smoothed themselves onto the shore and sighed as they rejoined themselves for another gathering to take the beach. I can tell this will be a place of my dreams for all of time!

But the beauty of Oregon does not stop merely at it's shores! I wept openly (to which Sarah can attest) at seeing the open land and rolling green and wooded hills! cows lazily grazed these quiet pastures with no fears in their hearts. My tears continued to roll freely down my face until weeping over took me at the sheer beauty of something as simple as this place existing! How glorious and wonderful is our God!! His hand created this place with a word and in 6 days we had this beauty! to think that he has had thousands of years to make the next pastures and green rolling hills fills my heart with such thoughts of wonder and joy that my weeping could not be stilled until much later! How my heart longs for that day of days when The Lord fills up my heart with purpose or takes me home to his perfect green pastures!

We arrived at the goertzen's house in time to have a lovely chat with them and blog for the night!
Day 3 and I'm missing my dog more then ever!

~Bekah~

1 comment: