Tuesday, March 23, 2010

First day in Vancouver (continued)

Day Six (7:30 P.M.-11:30): So earlier today we went to Granville island and toured around there!!! Totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Then we went to Queen Elizabeth Park, the highest point in Vancouver!!!!! IT HAD SPECTACULAR VIEWS!!!!! Sarah and I ran around taking picture after picture while Bekah sat in the car since she was tired and wanted to protect the car from tickets (we were only going to be there a few minutes and didn’t wanna pay for parking!). Anyways, it was a lovely park! Then we came back here and waited for the parentals to call us on Skype… but it took FOREVER cause the hostel has internet DRAMA!!!! No telling what the internet is gonna do ‘round here L After talking to Sarah and my families we went to this SWEET restaurant/ pub thingy in Gastown to celebrate Sarah’s birthday! It was in a really great location so I got some great pictures! This place was highlighted on a special I saw during the Olympics about the best places in Vancouver! It was supposed to have some world famous Mac & Cheese so I decided I had to try it out! I tried it and indeed it was some pretty delicious Mac & Cheese YUM YUM!!!!! So I shared it with the girls so they could experience the yummyness! Then I drive for the first time in a foreign country on the way back after we were done… it wasn’t bad but I had to make a u-turn and I am not used to Sarah’s car so my u-turn was a little messed up… oh well… After that we went and played cards at the pub place that had country music and pool tables across the street at the sister hostel to our hostel… yeah I totally lost at the card game… me: 39 pts, Sarah: 25 pts, Bekah: 1 pt… yeah um it wasn’t my night… now it is off to bed! Hopefully tomorrow will be an early morning since we are going up to Whistler!!!! OLYMPIC BOBSLED HERE I COME!!!!! Night night!


~Heather~

2 comments:

  1. I think you are having WAY too much fun and will probably never come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys didn't pay for parking!!!!!!!!!!! you're now wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete